Friday, September 13, 2013

Kill Them With Love



I was lucky to meet Ari-up. She had the strangest accent I could never place. I think that's because she lived in England, Germany, Jamaica and the U.S. The first time I met her, I said where are you from? She said, "I'm a citizen of the World." I've heard of global citizens,but I never met somebody who identified with it so deeply, it was so much a part of her. Ari's people weren't defined by geo-strategic imaginary lines drawn by history. In my heart, I knew what she was saying was true.

The best quote I've ever heard in my life is: "All wars are civil because all men are brothers." It is so true. My dad just traced our D.N.A. back to East Africa to the cradle of civilization. Once upon a time it was also believed that there was one tribe on Earth, with one language. Alas, human beings were way to productive, and powerful when they worked together, and so they were divided by language.

I know that truth is already in everyone's hearts. I wish people thought more like Ari. There is nothing more precious than life, that's why there's nothing more evil than killing. After seeing families cry for loved ones for the 12th year in a row on September 11th, I realized that love is so great. When you steal someone's life, the suffering endures. I don't know if Ari came up with this slogan: "Kill Them With Love", but she certainly sang about it. I wish KILL THEM WITH LOVE was our country's domestic and foreign policy. I'm so sick of bombs and and drones and what looks like another war coming with Syria. I wish the money spent on killing went towards feeding the starving, or the thousands of other problems our brothers and sisters face. Let's heal the World instead of blowing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment